80 S Market St, San Jose, CA 95113-2303
Contact: +1 408 283 8100
Open Hours: Office: 9a-5p M-F, Masses: 8:30a, 11:30a Su, 8a, 4:30 p Su, 7:30a, 12:05p M-F
This huge, multi-domed church was originally built in 1877 and was restored to its original splendor in 1990. This is actually the fifth location of the parish seat; the first was built in 1803. The present structure is a monumental building. Incredible stained glass work renders the sanctuary into a lovely, almost mystical space when the sun causes the colors to play across the walls, pews and floor. Masses are held in Spanish and English.